How to Lunch ideas. Breakfast is often called the most important meal of the day, but any nutritionist will tell you that every meal and snack is important. Lunch, in particular, is key to helping you power through the afternoon. Therefore, you want a balance of protein, complex carbohydrates, and vegetables to fill you up without slowing you down. A little healthy fat also gives the meal some staying power. That said, there’s a lot more to a healthy lunch than a boring salad.
Chicken, Grape and Walnut Salad
3 oz. grilled chicken breast, chopped (use skinless rotisserie chicken to save time)
½ cup grapes, cut into halves
3 tbsp. chopped walnuts
Salt and paper tp taste
3 tbsp. plain low-fat yogurt
3 cups romaine lettuce
Mix together chicken, grapes, walnuts and yogurt. Season with salt and pepper. Serve on top of lettuce.
In addition, one of our healthy drink recipes would go great with your lunch.
Taco Salad makes a Wonderful Lunch
6 cups romaine lettuce chopped
Add taco seasoning packet.
Another great lunch is Turmeric Chicken Salad
1 lb Chicken Breast
1/4 cup Mayonnaise
1 Lemon, juiced
1 tsp Turmeric
1/4 tsp Onion Powder
1⁄4 tsp Garlic Powder
1. Drop chicken in a pot of boiling water and let it cook for about 20 minutes or until cooked through. 2. Let chicken cool and then chop it into 1⁄2 inch cubes.
3. Mix chicken and all remaining ingredients together in a bowl.
4. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Smashed Avocado on Toast
½ Avocado, cut into chunks
1 tbsp. Cottage Cheese, Low-fat
4 mint leaves
3 cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 tsp. basil paste or basil pesto
Squeeze fresh lemon or lime juice
1 tbsp. crumbled feta
1 slice light rye sour dough bread
add S & P to taste
1. Lightly toast your bread.
2. Cut avocado into chunks and place in a bowl. Chop mint leaves and place in the bowl then add the tomatoes. Squeeze lemon juice over and season with S & P.
3. Now spread the basil past lightly over toast, then cottage cheese.
4. Place Avocado mixture on top of the cottage cheese, then crumble feta on top.
5. Serve immediately.
I hope that you’ll try and enjoy these recipes. Be sure to check out our how to breakfast and how to dinner ideas. Let me know what you think. I’ll appreciate your feedback and if you like these recipes please share them with your friends. As always, I look forward to your comments, questions and the sharing of ideas.