So what are the top 10 steps you should take to improve your health? Need some fantastic tips for healthy living? Here is where you can get started.
The first thing you have to do is understand what we mean by healthy living. It’s not just eating right and exercising. Learning to live healthy means trying to incorporate “health” into all aspects of your life from the most tangible, like wearing your seat belt to the intangible like staying centered through the power of “ommmmmmm!”
Alright, let’s get healthy? Follow these simple and easy to do tips for healthy living and by next year, you will feel better than ever!
1. Regular exercise.
- Exercise benefits every part of your life, from attitude to your cardiovascular system.
2. Eat a Healthy Diet.
- Use common sense. Avoid fad diets. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. Moderation is a key — not just in eating, but also in all facets of a healthy life.
- Eat organically grown foods. Studies are showing they have more vitamins and minerals, like vitamin C and iron.
- Eat sprouted whole grain foods (bread, or rice, or pasta) at least four times per week. Skip the gluten and go for grains like millet or buckwheat. It will reduce the chance of having almost any cancer by 40%. Given that cancer gets about 1 in 3 of us in a lifetime, that’s big advice.
- Eat at least five portions of vegetables and fruit a day, and especially tomatoes, red grapes and the like, as well as a salad all year. It protects against a whole variety of different nasty things. It reduces the risk of stroke dramatically, it reduces the risk of diabetes considerably, and it will reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer.
- Drink at least eight glasses of water each day. If you are not drinking water, you are not giving your body the resources it needs to stay healthy!
- Enrich yourself consider taking a multi-vitamin. We don’t always eat the proper foods and even if we do we are not always getting everything we need. B-vitamins, vitamin C, zinc, and magnesium are crucial nutrients required by the body to maintain healthy functioning organ systems.
3. Don’t smoke.
- Just as exercise helps everything, smoking hurts everything.
4. Drink in moderation – if at all.
- Best advise is: If you don’t drink there is no reason to start. If you are someone who drinks and you’re a woman, limit drinking to one a day; if a man, to two a day.
5. Get a regular medical check-up at least once a year.
6. Always wear seatbelts.
- Just make it a habit.
- Use car seats for kids.
7. Do something for other people.
- Helping others is a healing act for both you and them.
- A little volunteer work is a great way to keep a healthy perspective on yourself and life.
8. Practice stress relief. Consider the following suggestions:
- Whether it’s exercise, deep breathing, a hobby, church, meditation find something that helps you deal with the pressures of life and work.
- Smile and laugh. Spend some time watching a favorite movie or doing something you love. Laughter releases endorphins in the body which help us stay youthful.
- Communicate and share. Getting together with loved ones and sharing how you feel is physically and mentally rejuvenating. Feeling connected and listened to promotes a healthy centered state.
- Keep a Positive Mental Outlook. There’s a definitive connection between living well and healthfully and having a cheerful outlook on life. Thought for the day: You can’t be unhappy when you’re smiling or singing.
- Believe in yourself, listen to your voice inside. Honoring oneself and following your true passion leads to a healthy sense of self and wellbeing. Follow your path and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise!
- Say OMMMMMM….Om is not a word but rather an intonation like music. Saying “ommmmmmmm” sends a particular vibration through the body, which relaxes you…seriously, try it! When you are stressed, take a deep breathe and say Ommmmmmmmmmmmm!
- Consider Meditation.
9. Sleep on it.
- Get at least seven and a half hours of sleep every night. It’s the only time our bodies have to regenerate and heal. If rest is an issue, you can look into calming herbs such as valerian, hops, lemon balm, and passionflower. A nice warm cup of chamomile tea before bed may also do the trick.
10. Remember to live in the moment!
- Life is meant for living not just completing tasks and running errands. The more you live in the moment the less stress and more joy you will get out of life. These simple tips to healthy living can be your first steps.
I hope you found this article helpful. If you have anything that you’d like to share or any opinions on any of the content on my site, please do speak up. I look forward to your comments, questions and the sharing of ideas.
Note: Thank-you for supporting this website through the purchases you make on the provided affiliate links.