I hope you’ll enjoy these wonderful and healthy dinner idea recipes. The power of the dinner table can’t be under-estimated. Dinner time is significant for healthy living in more ways than just what we eat – it’s around the dinner table that families catch up with each other after a busy day. Throughout the week its good practice to aim for at least two meat-free meals, one or two fish meals, and the rest meat or poultry, so you will find dinner ideas recipes for all of these here.
Salmon & Broccoli is an Excellent Dinner Idea Recipes
1¼ pounds wild Alaskan salmon fillet skinned and cut into four portions (see note)
One tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried, divided
One teaspoon salt, divided
Two heads broccoli (1-1½ pounds), trimmed
1½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
One small onion, diced
Three tablespoons raisins
Two tablespoons pine nuts
½ cup water Perrier Soda Lime Mineral Water
1. Season salmon with half the rosemary and ½ teaspoon salt at least 20 minutes and up to 1 hour before cooking. Cut the broccoli into florets with 2-inch-long stalks. Remove the hardened outer layer of the stem with a vegetable peeler. Cut the florets in half lengthwise.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large wide saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, occasionally stirring, until translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Add raisins, pine nuts, and the remaining rosemary; toss to coat with oil. Cook, stirring until the pine nuts are fragrant and beginning to brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
3. Add the broccoli, season with the remaining ½ teaspoon salt and toss to combine. Add water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a gentle simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has almost evaporated, 8 to 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, heat the remaining ½ tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add salmon, skinned-side up, and cook until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Turn the salmon over, remove the pan from the heat and let stand until just cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes more.
5. To serve, divide the broccoli among four plates. Top with salmon and spoon raisins, pine nuts and any liquid remaining in the pan over the salmon.
Note: Wild-caught salmon from the Pacific (preferably Alaskan) is considered the best choice for the environment because it is more sustainably fished and has a larger, more stable population. Therefore, farmed salmon, including Atlantic, should be avoided, as it endangers the wild salmon population.
Chicken Tikka Masala makes an Excellent Dinner Idea Recipes
Four teaspoons garam masala (see Note)
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon turmeric
½ cup all-purpose flour
1 pound chicken tenders
Four teaspoons canola oil, divided
Six cloves garlic, minced
One large sweet onion, diced
Four teaspoons minced fresh ginger
One 28-ounce can plum tomatoes, undrained
⅓ cup whipping cream
½ cup chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
1. Stir together garam masala, salt, and turmeric in a small dish. Place flour in a shallow bowl. Sprinkle chicken with ½ teaspoon of the spice mixture and dredge in the flour. (Reserve the remaining spice mix and one tablespoon of the remaining flour.)
2. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken until browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
3. Heat the remaining two teaspoons oil in the pan over medium-low heat. Add garlic, onion, and ginger and cook, often stirring, until starting to brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the reserved spice mix and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Sprinkle with the reserved one tablespoon flour and stir until coated. Add tomatoes and their juice. Bring to a simmer, stirring and breaking up the tomatoes with a wooden spoon. Cook, often stirring until thickened and the onion is tender 3 to 5 minutes.
4. Finally, stir in cream. Add the chicken and any accumulated juices to the pan. Bring to a simmer and cook over medium-low heat until the chicken is cooked through 3 to 4 minutes. Garnish with cilantro.
Note: Garam masala, a blend of spices used in Indian cooking, usually includes cardamom, black pepper, cloves, nutmeg, fennel, cumin, and coriander. It is available in the spice section of most supermarkets.
Green Pizza is a Fun Addition to our Dinner Idea Recipes
1 pound prepared pizza dough, preferably whole-wheat
2 cups chopped broccoli florets
¼ cup water Perrier Soda Lime Mineral Water
5 ounces arugula, any tough stems removed, chopped (about 6 cups)
Pinch of salt
Freshly ground pepper to taste
½ cup prepared pesto
1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1. Position oven rack in the lowest position; preheat to 450°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to about the size of the baking sheet. Transfer to the baking sheet. Bake until puffed and lightly crisped on the bottom, 8 to 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cook broccoli and water in a large skillet over medium heat, covered, until the broccoli is crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in arugula and cook, stirring, until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Finally, spread pesto evenly over the crust, top with the broccoli mixture and sprinkle with cheese. Bake until crispy and golden and the cheese is melted, 8 to 10 minutes.
Here’s another article you might find helpful. Click here to read How to Healthy Eating Habits for Teens.
Low Carb Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole is a tasty Dinner Idea Recipes
One large Head Cauliflower
4 Tbsp butter
2 ½ cups Heavy Cream
4 tbsp Dijon mustard
Two cloves Garlic
With all of this cooking going on you might enjoy reading our The Best Cookware Sets for the Money reviews.
Swiss Steak makes an Excellent Dinner Idea Recipes
2 lb lean beef cut into 2-inch cubes
2 Tbsp beef stock or red wine
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
One tsp steak seasoning (any brand)
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp dried black oregano pepper to taste
Two bay leaves
1. Trim most of the visible fat from the meat and cut into 2″ cubes.
2. Stir together the beef stock (or red wine), balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, onion powder, garlic powder, steak seasoning, dried thyme, dried oregano, black pepper, and add bay leaves.
3. Put meat cubes into the smallest Ziploc bag (or plastic container with a snap-tight lid) that will fit all the meat, then pour in the marinade.
4. Marinate meat at least 4-6 hours in the refrigerator (or longer is fine if you’re gone all day.)
5. When ready to cook, preheat grill to medium-high. Put meat tightly on skewers and let it come to room temperature while the grill heats.
6. Grill kabobs to the desired doneness, turning as soon as you get some browned spots on the first side. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of the meat and how hot your grill is, but approximate times would be about 8-10 minutes for rare, 10-12 minutes for medium-rare, or 12-15 minutes for medium. With kabobs, it’s easy to take off one piece of meat and cut into it to see if it’s done to your liking or use a digital meat thermometer to check the temperature.
7. Let the meat rest at least 5 minutes before serving.
Thyme and Sesame Crusted Pacific Halibut is a Fantastic Dinner Idea Recipes
1. To start, preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
2. Mix lemon juice, oil, garlic, and pepper in a shallow glass dish. Add fish and turn to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, combine sesame seeds and thyme in a small bowl.
4. Sprinkle the fish with salt and coat evenly with the sesame seed mixture, covering the sides as well as the top. Transfer the fish to the prepared baking sheet and roast until just cooked through, 10 to 14 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.
Click here to read How to Choose an Awesome Bakeware Set Easily.
Shrimp Scampi is Another Favorite Dinner Idea Recipes
1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails attached
1/4 tsp. crushed red chile flakes
Four cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/2 cup white wine
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup roughly chopped parsley
Finally, I hope that you’ll try and enjoy these excellent Dinner Ideas recipes. Be sure to check out our how to breakfast and how to lunch ideas. Let me know what you think. I’ll appreciate your feedback, and if you like these recipes, please share them with your friends.
I hope this article was helpful and as always, I look forward to your comments, questions and the sharing of ideas.
Note: Thank-you for supporting this website through purchases you make on the provided affiliate links.