The unique design of the Breville 800JEXL extends to its feed chute that is directly centered on top of the shredding disc. Because of this ingenious design feature, the system can accept input from the sides thus increasing the juicing power of the shredding discs. It operates at two distinct speeds and based on what kind of ingredient is inserted, the machine automatically decides on the appropriate speed – low speed for softer veggies and fruits while high speed for harder veggies completes its versatile performance.
The extra wide chute can even accommodate sprouts and leafy veggies together at once, either in a bundle or wrapped together.
Designed with Nutri Disc and a unique extraction system, the Breville 800JEXL juicer does a great job at retaining maximum nutrition from fruits and vegetables. Furthermore, it maintains the temperature of all ingredients without heating it up thus preserving nutrients, enzymes, and flavor better.
Juicing at such low speeds at times tends to leak juice out of the filter bowl surroundings. This is why it comes with a food pusher that ensures everything keeps going down smoothly through the shredder disc even at low speeds.
Product: Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain Elite 1000-Watt Juice Extractor
Warranty: 1 year
My Rating: 9 out of 10
The Breville 800JEXL is a centrifugal juicer.
Breville delivers another smash hit with its 800JEXL Juice Fountain Elite Juice Extractor. In fact, it was named a 2015s Best Mid-Range Model. Read our review to see why!
What We Love
- Not only does the die-cast material make this one of the sturdiest and well-built juicers on the market, it also makes it one of the most attractive juicers that we have seen. It looks right at home in a kitchen with other stainless steel appliances and its sleek and stylish design means that this is an appliance that you will not be ashamed of having on your counter. It is also quite solid, large, and hefty—in other words, you can feel the quality.
Easy to clean
- There are only four parts that need to be cleaned after using this juicer. Definitely a plus for the juicer on the go!
- The 3-inch wide feeder chute is sure to be a big hit. This Breville can handle whole and half pieces of fruit with ease, requiring very little prep work and speeding up the entire juicing process in general.
- While we very rarely used the second speed, the fact that this machine offers two speeds is a bonus for those who like to juice harder fruit and vegetables. We found that this juicer produced plenty of juice very quickly, which, when combined with the easy cleanup, made this one of the fastest juicers we have ever used, from prep time until after we had finished reassembling it after cleaning it.
- The blade makes the $300 price tag incredibly worth it, at least in our opinion. It stays sharper longer, cuts through food much more efficiently, and produces more juice than regular blades.
What Needs Improvement
- The warranty only lasts for one year, which is disconcerting when you consider the price tag. Other brands have 15-year or even lifetime warranties, and we would like to see Breville offer something like that.
Final Thoughts on Breville 800JEXL
This is our #1 mid-range price juicer for a reason—it is an all-around great machine. We recommend it for juicers who need a reliable and quick way to make juice. We think that it is easy enough for a beginner to use; in fact, if a juicing newbie wants to start off with a more sophisticated machine that will produce higher quality juice than a low-budget model, this is the device that we recommend for that.
And, because it does produce juice that is comparable to more expensive machines, and because it holds up fine under daily use (and maybe a little abuse), we say that it is the best all-around model for intermediate juicers, or even those looking to augment they’re masticating juicer with a centrifugal juicer that can handle softer foods with much less prep time.
I hope you found this article helpful. If you have anything that you’d like to share or any opinions on any of the content on my site, please do speak up. I look forward to your comments, questions and the sharing of ideas.
Note: Thank-you for supporting this website through the purchases you make on the provided affiliate links.