Tremendous Benefits of the Bodycraft Galena Pro Home Gym. Why buy a Bodycraft Galena Pro home gym machine? Before purchasing any product, the first question to ask is whether or not it is needed. There are advantages and disadvantages to having a personal home gym as opposed to going to a conventional gym.
Benefits of having a home gym
The first advantage is the main reason people purchase home gyms. Ease of use. This ease of use/convenience will enable the purchaser to use the gym anytime at no extra charge, unlike regular gyms with closing times on holidays and limited opening hours. There is no time lost when traveling to the gym as it is in the same house.
There is no queue or waiting in line for any of the machines. And there are no severely stacked weights or rules and protocols that you have to adhere to. The bottom line is it is your gym which you can use at any time, day or night, sun or snow (which could also prevent the individual from going to the gym). Therefore, the main benefit of a home gym is regarding time. You don’t wait for anything and for those people with busy lifestyles having more time available is crucial. Therefore, you can plan a routine and get it done quickly at maximum efficiency.
Furthermore, a crowded gym with intense people looking to make gains as quickly as possible is not the most therapeutic of environments to be in. Also, personal home gyms are private and can be tailored to whatever setting you wish.
When all is said and done, home gyms might just be cheaper than standard gym memberships. You’ll have to take into account money lost on the actual gym membership, on expensive drinks, on the gas expense to get there. You will also lose time waiting for machines and weights and peace of mind that is lost by having to go to an overcrowded gym instead of working out from the comfort of your own home.
Product: Bodycraft Galena Pro Home Gym
My Rating: 9/10
The BodyCraft Galena Pro home gym offers 6 distinctive workout stations. These are:
- Pec fly station – this workout station is separated from the other workout stations, having its own seat. As we’ve mentioned above, its seat is non-adjustable. Its arms feature thick foam pads as well as hand-grips, offering the possibility to perform several types of fly exercises.
- Press station – this workout station has an adjustable seat. The press bar allows parallel and horizontal grips. However, in case you’re wondering, you cannot perform laying bench presses on this machine, only seated presses.
- Mid pulley station – not all home gyms offer a mid-pulley; the BodyCraft Galena Pro does. This mid pulley opens the possibility to perform ab crunches, trunk rotations, and other exercises. An ab harness accessory is included with the machine.
- Low pulley station – as opposed to other home gyms, such as PowerLine P1X, for example, the low pulley station of this particular model is situated between the two seats, not under the leg developer. This way, you can save some space when performing seated rows or other low pulley exercises. A 12-link extension chain and a short bar are included, to attach to this workout station.
- Lat pulldown station – the high pulley for the lat pulldown section is situated above the press station. It promotes exercises for the back and shoulders, indispensable for a home gym. The lat bar required is included.
- Leg developer – this workout station is placed under the press arm station, and its pulleys can’t be used as low pulleys, such as for other machines. As its name suggests, it promotes exercises to the leg muscles.
Bodycraft Galena Pro for your Home Gym
If you are confident that you want to go ahead with the purchase of a home gym, then the Bodycraft Galena pro is an excellent purchase. It is a little bit more expensive than most home gyms, but if you are purchasing a product that is intended for use every day for the next five years on, then it may be worth putting in the extra couple of hundred dollars.
Where the Bodycraft Galena gym stands out is regarding its design, which comes with two adjustable seats with high-density foam and a pec deck. Additionally, a leg press is optional.
The machine comes with a Bodycraft Galena workout chart and a training DVD to get the user started. It also offers a warranty on the frame and all moving parts, means it is made to last, and if it does not, you get a replacement or your money back. Furthermore, Bodycraft gyms offer live chat and support to answer any queries and body craft home gyms are among the best available.
It weighs around 480 pounds and is 80 inches tall, over 70 inches long and 58 inches wide. Therefore, a lot of space is needed for this machine. But if you are going to invest in a home gym for the long term it may be a better idea to get a well-designed, highly functional large machine than a less well designed, less functional small one, just for the sake of saving space.
Assembly and Maintenance
The BodyCraft Galena Pro is a massive fitness machine, and therefore, it’s recommended to be transported and assembled by at least a few people. The boxes contain many parts and fittings so that the assembly will take at least 5-6 hours. However, the manual provides excellent assembly instructions. Furthermore, the tools needed for the construction are not included; therefore, you will need adjustable wrenches, Allen wrenches, a Philips screwdriver and a rubber mallet.
For maintenance, the lubrication of the pulleys may be required after a while. Also, the gliding beams of the weight stack should be lubricated periodically to provide a smooth operation. Other than these, it’s recommended to check the integrity of the machine regularly, to make sure that there aren’t any damaged or loose parts.
- Sturdy and heavy all-steel frame;
- Durable vinyl upholstery on seat and back support., with 2″ thick padding for optimal comfort;
- Highly durable pulleys, with sealed bearings;
- 4″ roll-pads and stoppers for leg exercises and lat pulldowns;
- Adjustable seat and backrest on the press station;
- Cast iron weight plates, with a total weight of 200 lbs, great for beginner to intermediate users;
- Six workout stations, including press station, lat pulldown station, leg attachment, fly station, low pulley station, mid pulley station;
- Over 30 exercises available;
- The relatively small footprint for a home gym system;
- Quiet operation;
- Reasonably easy to set up;
- Excellent warranty.
- Massive fitness machine, somewhat difficult to move once it is assembled;
- Weight stack cannot be upgraded with additional plates;
- The tools for assembly are not included;
- Weight ratios for each workout station are not specified.
Final thoughts about Bodycraft Galena Pro
All in all, the Bodycraft Galena Pro is an excellent gym that should last a lifetime, at least according to the warranty. Furthermore, it is well made and durable with many accessories and comfortable seats. One of the better home gyms, the only downside is that the weights cannot be upgraded, but 200 pounds is a lot of weights to lift for all except perhaps competitive weightlifters.
And while a little expensive it is worth it over the long term. And if you have someone who also wants to use the product it should not cause too much difficulty, as it has two seats so that both people can use the Bodycraft Galena Pro at the same time.
I hope you found this article helpful. If you have anything that you’d like to share or any opinions on any of the content on my site, please do speak up. I look forward to your comments, questions and the sharing of ideas.
Note: Thank-you for supporting this website through the purchases you make on the provided affiliate links.
Bodycraft Galena Pro Home Gym Review – Ggp, https://garagegymplanner.com/bodycraft-galena-pro-home-gym-reviews/ (accessed December 25, 2017).
Bodycraft Galena Pro Home Gym Review – Bestfitnesseq.com, http://bestfitnesseq.com/bodycraft-galena-pro/ (accessed December 25, 2017).