3 ways your Fitness Benefits from Resistance Training
Strength training or weight training is commonly referred to as resistance training. Resistance is utilized to build muscle strength, increase muscle size and increase muscle endurance. The utilization of resistance allows the muscles to contract. Thereby, causing microscopic damages or tears to muscle cells. Furthermore, the body acts on it and promotes regeneration of the muscle cells. Hence strengthening the muscles, growing more stronger muscles.
Resistance training tends to be focused on power and tends to be anaerobic (intense) in nature. Anything with maximal exertions can be considered resistance training. Things like Tennis and racquetball show some benefits as well due to some strides being full exertion, but weightlifting tends to have the most dramatic effects.
Below are 3 ways you can benefit from resistance training.
Resistance training focuses multiple benefits directly on the muscles, among these are the following:
- Significant gains in both size and strength
- Increases intramuscular coordination
- Elevates anabolic fibers hence growing muscle fiber thickness
- Enhances a higher level of muscle force
- Improves muscle definition
- Reduces occurrence of sarcopenia
Resistance training benefits are not limited to muscles. It also contributes to the improvement of your skeletal system. Among the bone benefits are the following:
- Increases spinal bone mineral density
- Decreases the risk of osteoporosis
- Reduces back pain and injury
- Increases joint stability
Overall Body Benefits
Like any other exercises, resistance exercises do not only promote muscle and bone health, but there are also other health benefits. The following are few of the benefits:
- Reduces the risk of heart diseases
- Reduces the risk of diabetes
- Improve mood and fight depression
- Promotes self-confidence
- Enhances cognition and focus
Final Thought on Benefits from Resistance Training
Undoubtedly resistance training has a lot to offer, and a great resistance training regime can improve health and wellness.
I hope you found this article helpful and as always I look forward to your comments, questions and the sharing of ideas.
Note: Thank-you for supporting this website with the purchases you make through the provided affiliate links.